Resume and Skills for Forensic Psychologists
Forensic Psychologists are individuals specialized in assessing and treating criminal behavior in various stages of legal proceedings. It is an all encompassing term for professions like Correctional Counselor, Forensic Social Worker, a Police consultant, and Crime analyst.
Skills required for a Forensic Psychologist
- Evidence Evaluation
- Communication and Presentation
- Analytical Thinking
- Caseload Management
- Critical Analysis
- Client Relationships
- Counseling Skills
- Behavioral Analysis
- Trial Consulting
- Case Management
What recruiters look for in a forensic psychologist's resume
- Prior experience working within the legal system and command over criminal code
- Skilled in conducting interviews, researches and counseling sessions and offer appropriate offender treatment and rehabilitation programs
- Efficient communicator with strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
What can make your Forensic Psychologist resume stand out
A strong summary that demonstrates your skills, experience and background in forensic psychology
- A passionate forensic psychologist with expertise in legal matters including mental health evaluations, jury selection and dispute resolution. Open-mindedness and non-judgmental approach. Possesses strong skills in clinical assessment, interviewing and case presentation.
Targeted job description
- Undertake statistical analysis for forensic offender profiling.
- Contribute to policy and strategy development to ensure continuous service improvement.
- Provide consultation services to attorneys regarding forensic evaluations.
Related academic background
- Course in counselling and psychology from IIH Institute | 2019
- Advanced course in forensic science from ISC Institute | 2017
- BSc (Criminology) from Chandigarh University | 2017
- Higher Secondary from Khalsa School, Amritsar | 2014
Resume of Forensic Psychologist in Text Format
7712446669 | email@example.com | Linkedin.com/in/pradyuman-rathi |60/5, Panchkula Road, Chandigarh
A passionate forensic psychologist with expertise in legal matters including mental health evaluations, jury selection and dispute resolution. Open mindedness and non-judgmental approach. Possesses strong skills in clinical assessment, interviewing and case presentation.
Forensic Psychologist at MMH Services, Chandigarh | Jul 2018 – Aug 2019
- Conducted forensic psychological evaluations and prepared test reports.
- Developed, implemented and reviewed appropriate offender treatment and rehabilitation programmes, including anger management, treatment of drug and alcohol addiction and social skills training.
- Undertook statistical analysis for forensic offender profiling.
- Contributed to policy and strategy development to ensure continuous service improvement.
- Provided expert witness testimony at court, parole boards, and mental health tribunals.
Forensic Psychologist at ABD Services, Chandigarh | Jun 2017 – Jul 2018
- Provided consultation services to attorneys regarding forensic evaluations.
- Maintained detailed reports on findings of psychological assessments.
- Interviewed patients to identify emotional and behavioral issues.
- Determined treatment intensity and duration based on the patient's needs.
- Conducted research in the field of forensic psychology.
- Course in counseling and psychology from IIH Institute in 2019.
- Advanced course in forensic science from ISC Institute in 2017.
- Volunteer for awareness programs on World Education Day since 2015.
- Member of EducationForAll NGO from 2016 to 2018.
- Volunteered for the plant-a-tree campaign in 2017.
BSc (Criminology) from Chandigarh University | 2017
Higher Secondary from Khalsa School, Amritsar | 2014
Senior Secondary from Khalsa School, Amritsar | 2012
Evidence Evaluation | Communication and Presentation | Analytical Thinking | Caseload Management | Needs Analysis | Client Relationship