Resume Skills and Keywords for Radio Jockey
The role of a Radio Jockey is to inform, refresh, and amuse. Their work entails delivering a variety of music programmes as well as engaging audiences with other activities such as guest interviews with musicians, celebrities, and music or film-related activity. These experts broadcast a variety of audio content, including songs, news, discussions, and promotional events, among other things, using specifically developed equipment. Radio Jockeys are typically required to have a nice, smooth, and well-articulated voice, as well as a penchant for entertaining listeners with wit and humour.
Skills required for a Radio Jockey’s role
- Radio Station
- Audio Equipment
- Sound Board
- Promotional Events
- Public Service Announcements
- Weather Updates
- Radio Commercials
What recruiters look for in a Radio Jockey’s resume:
- Skilled in playing requested and hand-selected songs.
- Competent in reading advertisements and weather forecasts verbatim.
- Capable of incorporating pre-recorded advertisements organically.
What can make your Radio Jockey’s resume stand out:
A strong summary that demonstrates your skills, experience and background in media and entertainment
- A certified radio jockey well-equipped with radio programming and broadcast management skills. Ability to engage in an interesting conversation with a great sense of humour. Skilled at preparing radio programs for diverse audience within strict timelines
Targeted job description
- Research popular discourses and news stories.
- Deliver traffic reports, news segments, and interviews.
- Speak to callers to unveil their insights into ongoing events.
- Host live draws and competitions.
Related academic background
- BA(Hons) | JMC College, New Delhi
- Higher Secondary | Delhi Public School, New Delhi
- Senior Secondary | Delhi Public School, New Delhi
Sample Resume of Radio Jockey Engineer in Text Format
8888001123 | firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/tanisha-rathore |46/60, Dwarka Sector 15, New Delhi
A certified radio jockey well-equipped with radio-programming and broadcast management skills. Ability to engage in an interesting conversation with a great sense of humour. Skilled at preparing radio programs for diverse audience within strict timelines
SKILLS ( TECHNOLOGY /
- Knowledge of music and A/V Creativity
- General Knowledge and awareness
- Sense of humour
- Command over language
- Audio Console Operation
- BA(Hons) | JMC College, New Delhi | 2020
- Higher Secondary | Delhi Public School, New Delhi | 2017
- Senior Secondary | Delhi Public School, New Delhi |2015
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Vice-President of College's Radio Club AWAAZ since 2018.
- Radio Jockey Certificate from AAFT Institute in 2018.
- Course in radio programming and broadcast management from IPU Institute in 2017.
- Volunteer for Adopt-A-Tree Campaign.
- Member of Sparsh NGO since 2016.
- Volunteered for awareness program on World Environment Day.
EXPERIENCE / INTERNSHIP
Radio Host | Radio Edge 96.1 | Sept 2018 – Jun 2019
- Handled the morning slot, hosted the show “Morning with Tanisha”. Interviewed 25 guests including Sandeep Marwah and Boney Kapoor.
- Memorised scripts, talked to the listeners and informed them about the events occurring in the city.
- Read excerpts from latest and important breaking news.
- Assisted other radio jockeys in working on content.
Podcast Speaker | FM Rainbow | Oct 2017 – Jul 2017
- Hosted the podcast The Comedians’ Comedian in the afternoon slot. Interviewed a comedian on a daily basis and engaged in a friendly conversation.
- Wrote content for the podcast with the help of 2 more writers, and composed 10 scripts without any assistance.
- Uploaded new music to the database and selected the music to be played. Awarded best new podcast by City radio council.
PARTICIPATIONS / SPORTS
- First prize winner in Delhi's Fresh Voice
- Contest organised by Hindustan Times in 2018.